- 25-Apr-2013 to 14-May-2013 (MST)
- Kansas City
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Part Time
Great work environment and free produce plus grocery discounts
Door To Door Organics is an online retailer offering home delivery of organic produce and natural groceries in Colorado, Chicago, Kansas City, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. We work in a fun, positive, and casual environment built around high expectations of individual and team performance and being the best at what we do.
The Grocery Packer assists the Location Grocery Specialist to receive grocery items and ensure the pack line is prepped with labeled boxes and staged grocery items. This job is scheduled to work Sunday through Thursday afternoons.
This job entails a unique set of duties and responsibilities.
● Commit to being a strong and reliable member of a team that is dedicated to the highest levels of efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction
● Work to support the overall goals of the Company
● Support an injury-free workplace
● Maintain a clean and organized warehouse
● Maintain the highest levels of personal hygiene and workplace sanitation
● Help organize, pack and clean and prepare for the following day
○ Responsible for staging labeling workstation, requiring pallet jack operation, lifting and stacking.
○ Print, cut, sort and arrange labels for the next day's deliveries
○ Label all boxes by line and route, paying careful attention to detail and adjusting accordingly for grocery items
○ Stage completed routes for morning crew as determined by Location Director
○ Prep grocery station daily: taping and stacking boxes; stocking apple trays, cushions, bags, etc.
○ Sort ice-packs and or, maintain freezer supply
● Assist with labeling customer orders and organizing routes for the following day
● Unload and properly store inbound delivery items
● Carry out all duties, expressed or otherwise, as assigned by management
Unique Responsibilities of this Job
● Replenish grocery shelves as needed
● Inventory management and control
●Must be able to work flexible hours depending on the workload, including long hours, late hours and weekends without notice
●Must have reliable transportation
●Must be able to continuously lift 60 lbs, safely reach product as tall as 6.5 feet high and work standing up for 8+ hours per day
●Must be comfortable working in a warehouse where temperatures fluctuate seasonally as well as a refrigerated cooler for an extended time at 35 degrees
●A strong work ethic, outstanding reliability and a great attitude
●Interest and commitment to the mission of empowering people to eat good food
●Must consistently work at a high level of accuracy with great focus and attention to detail
●Must have the ability to multi-task and to work well within a team environment. Must be able to effectively communicate – to give and receive open and honest feedback in an effort to constantly improve output and work processes
●Must have manual dexterity and move with alacrity – with purpose
●Basic math and spatial reasoning skills, ability to operate typical warehouse machinery and tools
Door to Door employees are flexible and constantly strive to better our product quality and operations. They have a positive attitude, a rock-solid work ethic, interest in our mission, and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Working at Door to Door offers the opportunity to be on a team of passionate people who care about promoting Good Food and practicing sustainable business in a high-growth environment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!