- 08-Jan-2014 to 24-Jan-2014 (MST)
- Produce Procurement
- Louisville, CO, USA
- Full Time
Great work environment plus free produce and grocery discounts, insurance, paid time off, and participation in bonus plan.
About the position
• The Produce Buyer is an integral role in the produce procurement system, sourcing and purchasing the highest quality, healthiest, organic produce available for our customers. This role includes inventory and quality, sourcing, and achieving the Cost of Goods target.
• The Produce Buyer collaborates with the Produce Buying Team and Location Warehouse staff.
• The Produce Buyer must be ready and willing to learn, be patient, be good with math, be computer literate, be able to work with spreadsheets, and have the ability to juggle a variety of tasks at one time.
• The Produce Buyer will directly impact the success of the Door to Door Organics.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Procurement Duties:
o Purchase produce that meets customer needs and DTDO standards
o Implement plans to improve the range produce availability for customers
o Negotiate cost price and terms on all products
o Achieve COGS and Shrink targets
o Identify direct sources of produce to provide the best local selection
o Build and maintain long term relationships with existing suppliers
o Assess and recommend new sources of produce and build relationships with new farms
o Manage farm relationships to deliver agreed product inventory and quality levels
o Ensure compliance to government regulations and to DTDO good food standards.
o Inventory Duties:
o Track orders, receipts, quality and availability for all Door to Door Organic locations
o Track inventories at all locations
o Communicate daily with the Consolidation / Transportation team and with the QC/Receiving staff at the all locations. Proactive communications to all location managers occur daily.
o Monitor Spoilage and Shrink for all locations to assess quantity and quality and to recover losses
o Assist as needed with quality control during consolidation/receiving process (Saturdays and may include Sundays)
o Ensure inventory and spoilage information is accurate and delivered right the first time.
o Coordinate with Procurement Assistant to ensure invoice reconciliation.
o Arrange for transportation or storage of purchased products to all locations.
o Various other duties and responsibilities as needed
• 1-3 years experience in produce
• Produce buying experience preferred and/or natural and organic products
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Experience working with Excel spreadsheets
• Proficient with numbers, math, and formulas
• Understanding of invoicing and basic accounting
• Sound statistical acumen, interpretation and analytical ability
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Arrive on time and ready to work every scheduled work day, including Saturdays and perhaps Sundays
• Must be able to work flexible hours depending on the work load, including overtime and weekends without notice. This position will be 5-6 days a week.
• Compliance with all Door to Door Organics policies and procedures.
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
• Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
• Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
Door To Door Organics is an online retailer offering home delivery of organic produce and natural groceries in Colorado, Chicago, Kansas City, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. We work in a fun, positive, and casual environment built around high expectations of individual and team performance and being the best at what we do. Our employees are flexible and constantly strive to better our product quality and operations. They have a positive attitude, a rock-solid work ethic, interest in our mission, and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Working at Door to Door offers the opportunity to be on a team of passionate people who care about promoting Good Food and practicing sustainable business in a high-growth environment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!